Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mr. Fear

I really liked this poem. It was pretty typically in form. Six stanzas with four lines in each, but it was very impacting. I really like the part "Maybe he smiles when he finds the right one. Maybe he's sorry. Tell me, Mr. Fear, what must I carry" because it just really made me picture a man searching through a bag and without looking he knows what he's found and he smiles or maybe it's almost like he searched and searched through his bag like he didn't want to find the fear and when his hand reaches it he feels sympathy for what he has to put you through. It really shows how we feels as human beings. We may say that it is okay to fear, but we don't want a huge fear. We want a small one, maybe one we won't have to face everyday. Everyday we may be able to get over fears and so he " keeps track" and he must change what he carries in his sack. I thought it was strange in the part about the crickets because it's like when you hear something, but don't see it, it's not as scary. Perhaps you are just hearing things? Only when you see it in your dreams does it really become that fear. Only when you have to face it is it scariest of all. Over all I really thought the poem was cool. It's a cool view of how people have different fears and how they come to realize them.

1 comment: